At Forward Air, the success of our business is directly tied to the health of the planet. We recognize and are dedicated to our responsibility to reduce our impact on the environment and local communities. Our own efforts, amplified through collaborations with our partners and customers, contribute to our ability to create clean, safe workplaces and healthy communities now and for future generations. We are committed to promoting a healthier natural and built environment by striving for environmental improvements in all aspects of our business.
We remain focused on implementing environmental solutions that will lessen our footprint and integrating these practices into our culture, operations, and supply chain. As part of our ongoing efforts, Forward Air is committed to:
- Complying with all environmental laws and regulations.
- Incorporating sustainable business practices to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, increase energy efficiency, reduce waste, and efficiently use natural resources.
- Measuring our environmental performance through use of a framework to set and review objectives and targets.
- Creating awareness of this policy among our employees, contractors, suppliers, vendors, and partners.
- Improving employee environmental performance through policies, procedures, and training.
- Engaging our external stakeholders to promote sustainable business practices.
- Reporting publicly on environmental performance.
We value the input of all our stakeholders and consult them along with our company leadership and Board of Directors as we periodically review and update these principles and related programs. We expect all team members, contractors, suppliers, vendors, and partners to adhere to these same principles.