Forward’s Brokerage Services work on your behalf to help with a broad range of freight services including local, regional, and line haul services; specialized equipment; full truckload, hotshots, and LTL Airline logistics, and container services including trucking and delivery with complete import and export drayage, transloading/transferring container cargo from one load to another, and freight handling.
To get a quote for your shipment, you will need to talk with a member of our sales team and provide some additional information:
- What are the City and State for the Origin and Destination?
- What are the preferred Pickup and Delivery dates?
- Is there a loading dock at both the origin and destination locations?
- Is this a live pickup or drop pickup and delivery? Does a representative from your company or your customer need to be present at the time of pickup?
- What is the total weight of the shipment?
- How is the shipment packaged or bundled for loading? If it is a pallet, what are the dimensions and weight of each pallet?
- Is this a one-time shipment or recurring?
- Do you have an account with Forward or do you need to create one?
- What is your equipment type?
- What are you shipping?
- Does the shipment have any special requirements? This might include a Transportation Worker Identification Certification (TWIC), destination as hazardous materials, a trap for a shipment on a Conestoga wagon, a tarped trailer, or any other special requirements.
- Is the freight palletized or will it be loaded directly from the floor?
- What is your expected number of shipments?
- If this is recurring, what is the daily volume of shipment?
- Do you have a Customer Fuel Surcharge with Forward? This might be set per mile or as a percentage (%).
- Is the shipment an intermodal steamship line shipping container?
About Brokerage Services with Forward Air
Forward Intermodal’s network offers local LTL pick-up and delivery services. We can pick up and deliver from airports and Forward-owned terminals in our system directly to your customer’s door and/or direct from your door to your customer’s door. Our Airport-to-Door (A2D)/Door-to-Airport (D2A) and Door-to-Door (D2D) are cartage services that enable transport of your goods over short distances. Plus, real-time driver tracking, and proof of delivery signatures ensure that you have best-in-class visibility of your critical LTL and linehaul shipments.