Intermodal services offer container drayage and delivery for U.S. importers and exporters including Beneficial Cargo Owners (BCO), freight forwarders, and steamship lines.
To get a quote for your shipment, you will need to talk with a member of our sales team and provide some additional information:
- What are the City and State for the Origin and Destination?
- What are the preferred Pickup and Delivery dates?
- Is this a live or drop pickup and delivery?
- What type of equipment (van, reefer, flatbed, etc.) is required for the shipment?
- What is the total weight of the shipment?
- Is this a one-time shipment or recurring? If it is recurring, how often does this shipment need to happen?
- Do you have an account with Forward or do you need to create one?
- Do you have special requirements? This might include hazardous materials, over-weight shipments, a tarp covering on a Conestoga wagon or inside a trailer, Transportation Worker Identification Certificate, or any other special requirement.
- For recurring shipments, please make note of the number of shipments per day and the estimated volume.
- For existing customers, please indicate if you have a negotiated Customer Fuel Surcharge per mile / %
- If IMDL Steamship Line?
- Special requirements
- When does this move?
- Prefer a 48-hour notice
- Will this be a drop and hook or a live unload?
- Overweight? Haz? Container Type?
- What steamship line is being used?
- Are they open to Brokerage if we cannot handle this shipment within our network?
About Intermodal Drayage with Forward Air
Forward Intermodal’s network offers local LTL pick-up and delivery services. We can pick up and deliver from airports and Forward-owned terminals in our system directly to your customer’s door and/or direct from your door to your customer’s door. Our Airport-to-Door (A2D)/Door-to-Airport (D2A) and Door-to-Door (D2D) are cartage services that enable transport of your goods over short distances. Plus, real-time driver tracking, and proof of delivery signatures ensure that you have best-in-class visibility of your critical LTL and linehaul shipments.